Brewer Broadcasting has an opportunity for a Full Time Traffic Reporter/Announcer for the Chattanooga, TN Market.
As a Traffic Reporter, you will be responsible for delivering traffic information and updates in order to improve people’s drive times on our Chattanooga Traffic Network. You let commuters know about accidents, construction, road closures, and backups-anything that might slow them down while traveling. In addition to your traffic responsibilities you will also have an air shift on one of our other stations in the market.
Top candidates will be versatile and possess exceptional on-air local presence, blog and social media savvy and plays nice in the sandbox with a track record of success. The best candidates will be detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and react in a calm and decisive way when dealing with challenging situations. People skills and the ability to work closely with other talent, department heads and a talented sales team are critical.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• At least 2 years on-air experience.
• Computer literacy in applicable programs
• Public speaking skill and ability to interact with listeners and clients in a public setting
• Problem-solving ability and skill in prioritizing
• Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels and to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines
• Skill in operation of control board, remote broadcasting, and other related production equipment
If you are interest in this opportunity, please send resume and aircheck to HR@brewermediagroup.com. Brewer Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer.